Creativity On Embroidery and Garment Printing's Fan Box

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Field Trip to 295 Church Street Condominiums


Went out Saturday afternoon to visit Chris and Gerry Stewart who were holding open house at the newly completed 295 Church Street Condominiums. The complex features 27 one and two bedroom condos on the third, fourth, and fifth floors; the first two floors are commercial including the new CCTV home.

The whole idea of urban living is still quite new to Salem, but it's absolutely great for certain people in certain situations, such as people who do not want to spend time taking care of a home with a yard. At 295 Church your front or back yard could be Pringle Creek Park! Let someone else do the work and you just go out, find a nice bench, and enjoy the scenery.

On my visit today I was particularly taken by unit 509. It's on the so-called City side (as opposed to the Park side.) Normally I would have thought that I'd always want to look out at Pringle Creek Park, which is particularly pretty to me. But this unit totally surprised me with some great views looking down Church Street. There's a gorgeous row of mature trees to look at (I expect these will be fabulous in the fall) as well as lots of sky for cloud-and weather-watching (there's also a covered deck so you wouldn't get soaked in the rain or snow.)


I have not yet seen the Meridian Complex, being a similar concept, but as people came through the open house, we heard comments about how spacious and light and bright 295 Church complex was in comparison. If I were in the market for the urban lifestyle, I'd be looking here. The location is great for easy walking to Bush Park, the main library, Willamette U, the State Capitol, the Convention Center, and of course all the local businesses.

There are daily open houses there if you want to see them for yourself.

1 comment:

Lori GW said...

Makes me want to move to Salem!!!